Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dunes take 1

First session of the year! Winter is in full speed here in the Midwest, and we had lots of snow. The lakes are frozen, even the Big Guy is frozen! This, of course, represents a minor inconvenience in the life of a windsurfer. However, windsurfers know very well how to make lemonade when life throws lemons... Anyway, these conditions were perfect to keep testing my windski. I decided to check out Dunes Sate Park, in Indiana; a natural reserve that I thought would offer the perfect playground for the windski. The wind was not huge, just enough to keep me moving, but the snow was too deep, and my 80's skis kept sinking in the powder. Tomorrow it's going to crank, so I hope to get some action at Wolf, we'll see...

Walking the gear through the snow. The frozen Lake Michigan in front of me...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: